I am reposting this job opening from the DC Web Women list. I bet there's a Writing Matters reader out there who's a perfect fit for this position.
"Looking for a writer with an energy background - but we will consider those without. Send resumes to Christine Greeves at email@example.com."Online Energy Writer/Editor
DC interactive marketing and communications agency seeks high-volume writer/editor to generate online and print content in support of clients’ advocacy energy campaign. Experience writing for energy focused campaigns, specifically skilled in the area of base load energy including coal and natural gas. Skill in varied formats for online required. Comfort with social media platforms a must. Research and substantiation talent vital. Competitive salary, collegial atmosphere, near McPherson Square Metro.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Develop polished copy for every form of online or interactive communication, including Web sites, email, blogs and other social media.
- Create effective messaging that conveys the strategic objectives and brand positioning of our clients.
- Provide feedback on strategy and communications.
- Provide research via Web and other resources.
- Everything else we ask you to do with words.
- Professional experience creating content for online distribution with base load energy focus including coal and natural gas background.
- Success in a news media reporting or writing position, public relations or strategic communications with an agency.
- Solid understanding of organizational communications and how messages are integrated across marketing channels in multiple formats.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles, adjusting to match target audience.
- Strong research skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail. (Spell check your resume before sending.)
- Ability to meet tight (usually daily) deadlines on multiple projects. Quick turnaround is the norm.
- Requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- Eagerness to keep learning new technologies as the interactive field grows.
- Positive attitude and comfort working as part of a team.
- Experience and comfort with major social networking platforms a must.
- Proficiency in PC, Excel, Word, browsers, email.
NOTE: Include salary requirements in your cover letter. No telecommuters.
-- Leslie O'Flahavan